Why Raila Odinga Cancels Nyeri Tour
COLD RECEPTION | FLASH BACK AND GOSSIPS ;
TodaysKenya.info : – What could you have expected to have happened? Let’s Interact and Kindly comment your thoughts below: Share with friends and let’s know their thoughts too.
COLD RECEPTION ;
- His choice for Meru over Nyeri left his Supporters in the county complaining saying perhaps there are fears he would receive a cold reception.
- ODM’S Mathira constituency MP aspirant Chris Kiruta said the former Prime Minister would visit the county soon saying the tour was just postponed and not entirely cancelled.
“He is admired here and residents want to hear from him. I spoke to his office and I was told he would eventually visit. He has supporters here and in the General Election he will get a chunk of the votes notwithstanding the notion that this is a Jubilee Zone” Said Mr Kiruta.
- He said the prime minister was to address issues of coffee and tea farming whose income has dwindled over the years and the county has economically run down.
- “The two sectors of agriculture were our backbone but they are no more because of brokers. He has assured that he will eliminate brokers so that farmers can get maximum income,” Added Mr Kiruta.
- As it was announced on Sunday, 11 where the Campaign programme would be held but ODM communications director Philip Etale denounced the fixture calling it “Misinformation.”
- Mr Etale later, on Monday evening produced a new schedule indicating that Mr Odinga would be in Kajiado County on June 15, Meru on June 16 and later in Tharaka Nithi on Saturday.
The Opposition leader Raila Odinga’s tour of Nyeri county on Friday was cancelled and a new itinerary developed by his handlers.
THOUGHTS & FLASHBACK ;
- The move comes a week after he was denied the opportunity to address the during Madaraka Day Celebrations held in the county at Karibuini Stadium where even his presence was not acknowledged.
- “Raila Odinga is active in Opposition and keeps government on it’s toes and that’s the same way he would be active as the Head Of Government. He can perform the same way president Kibaki performend though he had initially been rejected by voters but after elections he did surprises, ‘ explained Mr Kiruta.
Let’s interact and comment because your social participation is highly appreciated.